2019 Renewal Work
Amtrak recently completed its second phase of renewal work, rehabilitating tracks 15, 18 and 19, five turnouts in “C” interlocking, one turnout in “KN” interlocking and six turnouts in “JO” interlocking. With these projects now complete, Amtrak continues its commitment to its customers and commuters of improving New York Penn Station’s infrastructure operations, performance and reliability.
Infrastructure renewal work continues through 2019. Amtrak crews are currently working to renew track 17 at New York Penn Station. This work is taking place now through March 3.
If you're an Amtrak customer, your commute will remain the same as there will be no change to Amtrak train service. If you're a commuter rail passenger, check with NJ TRANSIT and/or LIRR for any possible services changes.
To check the status of your train or to modify existing reservations, visit Amtrak.com or the Amtrak mobile app.
Provide feedback at Amtrak.com/contact.
- Amtrak Resumes Service of Four Popular Train Routes at New York Penn Station
- Amtrak Announces Summer 2018 Infrastructure Renewal Work
- Amtrak Begins Next Phase of Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station
- Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station FAQ - December 2017
- Amtrak Continues Next Phase of New York Penn Station Infrastructure Renewal Work
- NY Penn Station Track Map
- A Guide to Key Railroad Terminology