Amtrak has completed its summer 2018 renewal work. Over the past three months, Amtrak crews safely and successfully worked to reconstruct three major assets in New York City: The Empire Tunnel and Spuyten Duyvil Bridge, which provides train access between upstate New York and New York Penn Station, as well as renewal work on track 19 in New York Penn Station. With these projects now complete, Amtrak customers and commuters will have a more reliable service into and out of New York Penn Station.
During the fall, Amtrak will begin work on JO Interlocking located at the east end of the station complex. This work will take place on weekends only, between Friday, September 21 and Monday, December 17. All work will be prioritized allowing weekend work to be complete before the Monday morning rush.
We are making slight modifications to northbound and southbound Acela Express and Northeast Regional trains. Schedule information can be found by searching in "Schedules" at the top of any page.
To check the status of your train or to modify existing reservations, visit Amtrak.com or the Amtrak mobile app.
Provide feedback at Amtrak.com/contact.
- Amtrak Resumes Service of Four Popular Train Routes at New York Penn Station
- Amtrak Announces Summer 2018 Infrastructure Renewal Work
- Amtrak Begins Next Phase of Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station
- Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station FAQ - December 2017
- Amtrak Continues Next Phase of New York Penn Station Infrastructure Renewal Work
- NY Penn Station Track Map
- A Guide to Key Railroad Terminology