AAA Children Save an Additional 10%
AAA members' children 2 to 12 years of age are eligible to receive a a 10% discount in addition to the everyday children's 50% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare on most Amtrak trains.
To use the AAA discount, you must book your tickets at least three days in advance of travel.
If you make any change to your itinerary, you must re-qualify for any membership discount used. This means that to be eligible to receive an applicable membership discount, any change to your itinerary must be made at least three days in advance of travel.
- The AAA discount is not valid with Saver Fares.
- The AAA discount is not valid on weekday Acela Express trains.
- The AAA discount does not apply to Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The AAA discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The AAA discount is not valid on the Canadian portion of services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada to Ontario.
- The AAA discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Select 'AAA Child (Ages 2-12)' as the passenger discount type for each eligible child passenger. Then, enter your AAA membership number on the 'Passenger Info' page.
AAA membership numbers come in a variety of formats. To correctly enter your number at Step 4 of the reservation booking process:
- Enter your three-digit club code into the 'AAA Club Code' box.
- Enter the remaining numbers, excluding any letters.
- If your number contains the word “plus” please leave out this text. Do not enter any spaces between the numbers.
You must show your AAA membership ID card when you pick up your ticket, and you must carry it (or a copy) with you onboard the train. You may be asked to present your AAA card to the conductor upon request.