Save 15% with a Veterans Advantage VetRewards® Card
Passengers holding a valid VetRewards Card are eligible to receive a 15% discount on most adult rail fares on most Amtrak trains to any of our destinations. Sign up for Amtrak Guest Rewards when you get your VetRewards Card and you'll be eligible for an enrollment bonus of 750 points. Just take a trip on Amtrak within 90 days of enrollment and you'll be well on your way to a free trip.
You must enroll with Veterans Advantage (submit an online form for membership), and receive a 10-digit Travel Discount Code that can be used immediately to book your Amtrak travel. Currently, Veterans Advantage is offering a 30-day trial in the VetRewards Card program for Amtrak travelers. Please note that the membership is yours to use for 30 days. After the 30-day period you will be billed for your membership unless you contact Veterans Advantage to opt out of the membership program. One-year, three-year and five-year plans are available.
Act today, there are many more benefits available. You will also be mailed a nationally-recognized membership card and 60-page benefits directory — all as a special “Thank You” for your service.
- Cardholder, immediate family members, spouses and dependents (up to seven persons total) are eligible to receive the 15% discount on most Amtrak rail fares.
- The Veterans Advantage discount is not valid with Saver Fares.
- The Veterans Advantage discount is not valid on weekday Acela Express trains.
- The Veterans Advantage does not apply to non-Acela Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges. Note: The discount does apply to Business class rail fare on weekend Acela Express trains.
- The Veterans Advantage is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The Veterans Advantage is not valid on the Canadian portion of services operated jointly between Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada.
- The Veterans Advantage may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
To take advantage of this discount:
- Use the Fare Finder at the beginning of your search and select 'Veterans Advantage' for each passenger as appropriate. Then, enter your Veterans Advantage 10-digit Travel Discount Code (not member ID) on the 'Passenger Information' page of the booking process.
- Or, in your user profile, select 'Veterans Advantage' in the 'Travel Profile' section and enter your Veterans Advantage 10-digit Travel Discount Code. Veterans Advantage will be pre-selected as your preferred passenger discount type, and your Veterans Advantage 10-digit Travel Discount Code will appear, already filled-in, in the appropriate text field.
When entering your Veterans Advantage 10-digit Travel Discount Code, omit any spaces and dashes.
Veterans Advantage is a card program for veterans, active duty military personnel, members of the National Guard and Reserve, and “next of kin” family members. You are eligible for enrollment if you have served in any branch of service for any period of service. At Amtrak, the Veterans Advantage discount is available to the card-holding member, the member's immediate family members, spouses and dependents (up to seven persons total). For more information, please visit the Veterans Advantage website.
This 15% discount is not applicable on weekday Acela Express, the Canadian portion of joint Amtrak/VIA services, on Amtrak 7000-8999 series Thruway bus services, connecting services via non-Amtrak carriers, and in conjunction with certain other promotions, offers or discounts, including but not limited to: Saver fares, Child's fares, Senior or Disability discounts, Travel Agency (AD75) fares, Convention fares, Government fares, Groups or Group Escorts, other Partnership discounts), Job Corps fares, Military fares, Touring Passes (e.g., North America Rail Pass), Multi-Ride fares (i.e., Monthly or 10-trip tickets) or with fares orders or other promotions. The 15% discount is not valid for the Auto Train vehicle charge but does apply to Auto Train rail fares. Valid VetRewards Card and valid photo ID must be presented at time of purchase and time of travel to receive the discount.
Other restrictions may apply.