For your convenience, check your baggage free of charge. Amtrak offers checked baggage service at a number of stations and on many trains and Thruway Services. This service is only available to ticketed passengers whose origin and destination stations offer checked baggage. Not all trains or locations are equipped to handle checked baggage. Find your station(s) to see if checked baggage is available.
- 2 Bags - 50 lbs. - 75 Linear Inches*
- 2 Additional Bags - $20 Each**
- Luggage must be checked 45 minutes prior to scheduled train departure.
- Make sure you have a tag with your name and address on the outside of all your bags.
- If checked baggage is not offered on a train/bus in your itinerary, it may be accepted on another train/bus bound for the same destination (excluding firearms). Advance check-in is recommended.
- En-route transfers between stations will require at least two hours of scheduled layover time to avoid delays.
If you don't need to check a bag, get all the details about the carry-on items you can bring onboard and any fees that may apply.
*Linear inches: length + width + height
**Oversize Baggage (76 - 100 Linear Inches) - $20 Each