Book Your Seat Today and Save 50% on a Companion Ticket
Plan an early summer adventure with your best friend exploring Chicago, Grand Rapids, Port Huron or St. Louis. Travel along scenic Lake Michigan's west coast on the Pere Marquette or east to Lake Huron aboard the Blue Water. Along the way, stop to play at the many beaches, learn some maritime history or discover Dutch heritage in Holland, MI. Take the Lincoln Service south to learn more about its namesake president or enjoy the architecture and culinary delights of St. Louis..
Amtrak provides a hassle-free travel experience with the comforts of home, all in one place. Embark on your journey and enjoy our spacious, comfortable accommodations with generous legroom, no middle seat and meals in the Lounge and Dining Cars. Relax and enjoy the ride – we’ll take care of the rest. Secure your seat now through the month of April to save 50% on a companion fare when you travel in June.
Valid for sale, April 1, 2018 – April 30, 2018
Valid for travel, June 1, 2018 – June 30, 2018
- This offer is valid for (1) one 50pct off companion rail fare with the purchase of (1) one regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale April 1, 2018 – April 30, 2018
- Valid for travel June 1, 2018 – June 30, 2018
- One (1) child age 2-12 may accompany each adult at half the regular full adult rail fare.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all days.
- Valid for coach travel on the Lincoln Service, Pere Marquette and Blue Water only; no upgrades allowed.
- The companion and full fare paying passenger must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together.
- Fares are non-refundable once ticketed; exchanges are permitted within ticket validity period.
- This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Once travel has begun; no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
St. Louis, Missouri
Ride to the top of the Gateway Arch and marvel at the engineering behind America’s tallest monument. Catch nine innings with the Cardinals or get giddy amid the slides and rooftop thrills of City Museum. Tour the historic Anheuser-Busch Brewery and say hello to the Clydesdales.
Explore the museums, zoo and planetarium at Forest Park and dig into a true St. Louis treat, gooey butter cake.
Lincoln looms large in Springfield, where the native son’s historic home, law offices, tomb and presidential library bring to life the humble beginnings of the man who would become one of America’s greatest presidents.
Move from 19th century history to 20th century nostalgia when you get your kicks on Route 66 with a hot dog on a stick and a drive-in double feature.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Quench your thirst on Beer City USA’s trail of more than 40 local craft breweries. Climb Lake Michigan’s towering sand dunes or pedal your way around miles of urban and scenic bike trails. Enjoy live music and innovative art at the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park.
Welkom to a city of tulips, windmills, beaches and bistros. Watch a 250-year-old Dutch windmill actively grind wheat berries. Get lost in a sea of colors amid the millions of tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and crocus at the Veldheer Tulip Gardens.
Hit the beach or charter a boat to soak up cool lake breezes before heading back to shore to enjoy award-winning local brews, wines and farm-to-table fare.
From the grandeur of Grant Park’s Buckingham Fountain to iconic museums and skyscrapers, see for yourself why Chicago was once dubbed “Paris on the Prairie.” Engage in retail therapy on the Magnificent Mile or root for the home team, be it the Sox or the Cubbies at famed Wrigley Field.
Chicago will satisfy whatever you hunger for, from hot dogs and deep dish to culture and comedy.