- Direct train to bus transfers.
- Serving the Pacific Surfliner, Capitol Corridor and San Joaquin routes.
From Wineries to National Parks, Beaches to Deserts
Simplify and streamline your travel between Amtrak California train stations and dozens of additional destinations with seamless, dedicated Thruway bus connections. Enjoy modern reclining seats on restroom-equipped buses to the city of your choice. Due to state law, tickets for California Thruway services are sold only as part of your rail trip.
Made possible by Caltrans, Amtrak-dedicated bus routes extend the reach of Capitol Corridor, San Joaquin and Pacific Surfliner trains to the hot vacation spots you'll want to visit:
- Yosemite the no-hassle way with the Amtrak Thruway bus connection to the San Joaquin at Merced.
- Explore California wine country and plan your own tour with many easy connections from Amtrak cities.
- Loll in Monterey and Santa Cruz via San Jose.
- Take in the Mojave Desert at Barstow or golf in Palm Springs - it's a snap with San Joaquin Thruway service.
- Try your luck at the Morongo Casino at Cabazon, or vacation in Palm Springs or Palm Desert via the new easy-to-make Pacific Surfliner connection.
- Like the coast? Visit beach communities all the way from San Diego to Grover Beach.
eTicketing is available on these California Thruway bus routes.
- Hanford - San Luis Obispo - Santa Maria
- Hanford - Visalia
- Stockton - Sacramento - Redding/Suisun - Fairfield
- Sacramento - Auburn - Reno
- Sacramento - South Lake Tahoe
- Martinez - McKinleyville
- Bakersfield - Santa Barbara, Torrance, Los Angeles, San Pedro, Santa Ana, San Diego, San Bernardino, Indio, Victorville and Las Vegas
- Fresno - Bakersfield - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles - Santa Barbara
- Bay Area - San Luis Obispo - Santa Barbara
- Salinas - Monterey/Carmel
- Fullerton - Cabazon, Riverside, Palm Springs and Indio
- San Francisco/Lodi - Stockton