Save with the Virginia Student Fare
Why do students take the train? Because a relaxing ride with great views means you can take a much needed break. While the free WiFi (with no airplane mode) means your devices can stay hard at work. Because you can snack in the Café Car on the way to Grandma’s home-cooked dinner, leaving that semester’s worth of ramen back at school. Because you can haul your laundry (and the shirts you borrowed from your roommate) back to Mom and Dad’s washer at no extra charge. And now, students are taking the train because tickets are 25% off with Promo Code V449.
So if you’re between 13 and 25 and you have a valid student ID, you get 25% off any travel in Virginia and DC. The train is easy to book, easy to board, and makes it easy to take whatever trip you’ve been daydreaming while trying to stay awake during Statistics. So, brush up on your Virginia geography, and discover the best kept secret in student savings.
Just click the Fare Finder below and, if you’re a student, your discount will be automatically applied.
- Valid for 25 percent off the regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Valid for students between ages 13 and 25.
- Upon request, passengers must present a valid student identification card onboard the train; photocopies will not be accepted.
- Valid for sale and travel between June 21, 2019 and June 21, 2020.
- Blackouts apply on the following dates: August 30, 2019, September 2, 2019, November 26 - 27, 2019, November 30 - December 2, 2019, December 20 - 22, 2019, December 28 - 29, 2019, January 3 - 5, 2020, February 14, 2020, April 10, 2020, April 13, 2020, May 22, 2020.
- Seating is limited; Seats may not be available on all trains on all days.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- This offer is valid for travel on the Northeast Regional and travel is permitted to/from stations in Virginia and/or Washington, DC to stations in Virginia.
- This offer is valid for coach seats.
- In addition to the discount restrictions; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun; no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer.
- Other restrictions may apply.